To develop new knowledge and tools through basic and translational research to benefit consumers and expand agricultural sustainability, profitability, and environmental stewardship.
We will be foremost among peer research organizations—both nationally and internationally—as leaders in the discovery and application of agricultural and life sciences. Our discoveries, development, and transfer of innovative technologies will produce economic, environmental, and health benefits that are key to Texas’ success and vital in the lives of its citizens.
- Sustain Healthy Ecosystems and Conserve our Natural Resources
- Enhance Competitiveness, Prosperity, and Sustainability of Urban and Rural Agricultural Industries
- Improve Public Health and Well-Being
- Mitigate Negative Effects of Global Climate Change
- Create and Utilize Fundamental Information (Genomic, Proteomic and Metabolomic) to Optimize Plant and Animal Production, and Human Health
Please download our Strategic Plan here >>