What We Do
- Act as a point of contact for major sponsored research opportunities
- Coordinate preparation of major multi-unit and multi-institution corporate research proposals (pre-award)
- Provide experienced project managers with subject-area expertise
- Maintain relationships with clients to assure that expectations are met
- Coordinate with faculty members, unit heads, and the Office of Technology Commercialization (OTC)
- Identify, develop, protect, and manage intellectual property portfolios for focus technologies
- Disseminate research information to potential licensees
- Facilitate intellectual property commercialization with corporate partners in coordination with the Office of Technology Commercialization and faculty members
- Coordinate with federal and state relations, Texas A&M AgriLife Extension, and other Texas A&M University System entities on programs of mutual interest and importance
Value to Sponsors
- Responsive, nimble, and visible organizational approach
- Systems-oriented research project management
- Dedicated project managers with specific subject area experience
- Focus on performance and relationship building with sponsors
- Intellectual property development, disclosure, protection, and commercialization
- Allows researchers to focus on the scientific approach rather than project management
Who We Are
Texas A&M AgriLife Research
100 Centeq Building A
1500 Research Parkway
College Station TX 77803-2583
979/845 4281 (p)
979/458 2155 (fax)
Administrative Coordinator: Brenda Stone
Corporate Relations Leadership
Robert V. Avant Jr., P.E.
Bob Avant, an agricultural engineer, has more than 35 years of experience in bioenergy research management; agricultural production logistics; food, fiber, and oilseed research management; agricultural air quality engineering, environmental site selection, evaluation, and systems design; and biomass and wind energy management.
Associate Program Director
Shay Simpson has an agricultural engineering background, with 20 years of experience in the cotton industry, agricultural air-quality and environmental systems, urban irrigation, bioenergy, and bioproducts.
See Contact Us for a full listing of Corporate Relations staff.